Subject: Re: keeping pkgsrc up-to-date
To: NetBSD Packages Technical Discussion List <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/03/2002 21:12:32
Sorry for begging you with this topic... But... I sent a previous mail
directly to you, which I'm not sure foud its way to you; I haven't got a
response anyway. And, I have a question about this post of you:

>I do use pkgsrc to upgrade production systems when security fixes are
>necessary, but for example with the BIND upgrade last week I didn't wait
>for my repository mirror to update with rsync -- I didn't even wait for
>the updates to appear on the anonymous CVS server or on the web
>interface.  I just went in and updated the net/bind8 module myself.  :-)
>(Now in this case I'd have had to have done some of that work regardless
>since I maintain some local patches for BIND and I'd have had to
>regenerate them anyway.)

I don't really know how to update a "module", especially when pkgsrc itself
hasn't yet been updated. I didn't find any docs about this.

thx
mortee