Subject: Dumb question : keep conf at update/reinstall
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/03/2002 13:10:13
Sorry for this dumb question :

I've just built a package with

do-install:
    @${MKDIR} -p ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}
    ${INSTALL_PROGRAM} ${WRKSRC}/blah ${PREFIX}/bin/blah
    ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/blah.conf ${PKG_SYSCONFDIR}

Obviously, I've got more to install in PKG_SYSCONFDIR than a signle
conf file :-)

Then generated the PLIST with make print-PLIST

My goal is not to delete config files at make deinstall/pkg_delete

Well, Packages.txt doesn't say a word about this, neither my 1 year
archive of tech-mkg

For what I tested, modifying PLIST is not a good thing, pkg_delete, will
complain, and anyway, you don't always got the expected result.

What isd the "official" way to tell pkg_delete to keep some files in
place ?

Thanks,

--
Xav