Subject: Re: misc/staroffice still useful?
To: None <mrauch@netbsd.org>
From: David Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/02/2002 16:58:11
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:54:52AM -0500, David Burgess wrote:
>> A better question might be "Since Sun now recommends people to the
>> openoffice package, would it be good to get the OO package updated so
>> that it uses the 1.0 source instead of the old one?"
>
> Definitely. However, if it was that trivial, I would have done it a
> long time ago. ;-)

I kind of had a feeling about that.  When I was working on it, I
considered non-trivial as well.  Unfortunately, I had to get slides ready
for class, so I needed something a little more soonly than it looked like
I was going to get.
> I've still got some problems left, that make OOo 1.0 crash regularly
> after a few minutes. I'm trying several options (including gcc-3.1
> which is what is used for Linux and FreeBSD) but it is very time
> consuming.
>
> Maybe a package using the linux binary under emulation would be an
> easier way for the moment. Does anyone want to give it a try?

If we start with the Netscape package, it should be fairly trivial.

--
Dave Burgess
CTO, Nebraska On-Ramp