Subject: Re: keeping pkgsrc up-to-date
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/02/2002 20:15:08
On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 01:38:38PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> BTW, your suggested use of e-mail based updating assumes the diffs for
> changes are actually sent in e-mail.  Traditionally in FreeBSD this kind
> of mechanism has been called "CTM", or "CVS Through Email" (or as the
> manual page says "Current Through Email").  The scripts proposed by Sean
> and Thomas are a grossly inefficient way of doing CTM in a "pull"
> fashion.  I don't believe they will in any way solve your real problems.

I have to defend my little script here: It's perhaps not as good as
CTM (I don't know that), but it's better than a complete cvs update,
and I think that's what it would replace in most cases.

Try it. No comparison.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
Intolerance is the last defense of the insecure.