Subject: Re: keeping pkgsrc up-to-date
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/01/2002 20:52:16
Marton Fabo <morton@eik.bme.hu> wrote:

> As I see, daily pkgsrc changes are generated for the pkgsrc-changes list,
> and sent to all the subscribers. Couldn't this or some similar thing be
> used to keep in sync with less disk and network traffic?

I'm quite certain that it would be possible to write a mail-filter that
takes pkgsrc-changes mails as input and goes to the aproppriate
directory and does a cvs update.

Whether or not that is a good idea or more efficient, is a completely
different question, though.

Personally, I feel updating the packages I use/need by hand through cvs
on a regular basis is not a problem.  But that's just me.  I'm sure, if
there was an easier way, I'd enjoy that, too.

-Jan

--
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."