Subject: Personal obj directories
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/30/2002 19:55:18
--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

Hi all

I have been trying to avoid the use of an object directory inside /usr,
so I have configured my user's environment with the following:

export WRKOBJDIR=3D"/home/jmmv/NetBSD/obj/pkgsrc"

Everything works fine (I can build packages as non-root perfectly), but
there is only a problem. Whenever pkgsrc wants to become root to install
a package, this variable "disapperes" from root's environment. I have to
manually su (not su -) and then type make install.

I think that pkgsrc is using 'su -' instead of 'su'. Is this the expected
behavior?

Thanks.

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org