Subject: Re: Zoularis (Solaris) patch?
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mlh <mlh@goatnospamhill.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/28/2002 23:50:13
On 24 May 2002 14:05:00 -0500, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

> ...GNU patch, perhaps?
>
> ftp://ftp.sunfreeware.com/pub/freeware/sparc/8/patch-2.5.4-sol8-sparc-local.gz

Thanks, but it didn't work. I realized that there is a pkgsrc/develop/patch
so I manually ran configure and copied that 'patch' to my path and
that works.

However, the only install is in /usr/ucb/install and I usually get
an 'ELF' error for all of the binaries it installs:

$ install-info
install-info: Cannot find ELF`a`
Killed

And from what I saw, /usr/ucb/install appears to almost be hardwired
into configure scripts. How does one override this, and what install
source is appropriate?

(Maybe it would be good to include patch and install with the Zoularis
package?)

Thanks