Subject: Re: Problems with etc outside /usr/pkg
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/22/2002 16:33:28
On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 04:24:20PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 01:49:52PM +0200, Julio Merino wrote:
>=20
> There exists code to handle some of the problems you mention already.
> Look at the comments in mk/bsd.pkg.install.mk, especially the
> paragraph about CONF_FILES. I don't think it's documented somewhere
> else.

Yep, I looked at that, but there is some problems... The first one is
about rc.d scripts. I've also seen in that file that there are some
vars like RCD_SCRIPTS*. I guess that they work more or less like
CONF_FILES so they can be useful for samba rc.d scripts, for example.
Although, they default directory is /etc/rc.d :? Shouldn't it be
something like ${PKG_SYSCONFBASE}/rc.d?

Well, the other problem is the following. Suppose I compile a program
and I specify that its configuration files should go in some "temporary"
directory, say share (--sysconfdir=3D${PREFIX}/share/examples/package_name).
Then, even if I use CONF_FILES, the package will keep looking in
share, instead of what CONF_FILES say, because the path has been hardcoded
into the code... Am I right?

Thank you.

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org