Subject: set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/pkg/lib/mysql (Was Re: snort-mysql)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/18/2002 20:37:02
>I've emulated the snort-pgsql Makefile to try to create a mysql happy
>snort.  However, I get an error where it doesn't find the libmysql.so
>files when I run snort unless I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/pkg/lib/mysql.
>I thought buildlink magically took care of this, but I've not spent
>time looking at buildlink every yet.  help, please?

note that perl also has this problem if you try to use the
databases/p5-DBD-mysql pkg.  in this case, of course, relinking perl
with the correct rpath to the mysql library isn't really an option.
also note that suid programs will *ignore* any LD_LIBRARY_PATH
settings, so suid programs that want to use mysql will need wrappers...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|