Subject: Re: maildir(5) problem
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <klaus.heinz@onlinehome.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 04/05/2002 23:09:47
jakym@volny.cz, wrote:

> I was in the process of adding serialmail (http://cr.yp.to/serialmail.html)
> to pkgsrc when I noted that it contains the maildir(5) manpage, which is
> included in qmail as well. Now, what should be done?

The PLIST from my serialmail-0.75-package-work-in-progress does not show
maildir.5, so I believe it is not used for the installation.

But I remember, that serialmail also contains the program 'setlock' which
is the same as in qmail. And this _will_ be installed over the (probably)
existing setlock from the qmail package.

I worked around this with patches that rename the 'setlock' program and its
man page to 'setlock-sm' (and of course all references to 'setlock' in the
source code).

ciao
     Klaus