Subject: Re: compiling the GMT package
To: Todd Gruhns Acct <tgruhn2@mail.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/27/2002 14:50:44
On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Todd Gruhns Acct wrote:
> Whats the deal here? How do I fix it...
>
> gandalf# make
> ===> Building for GMT-3.4
> if [ `cat src/makegmt.macros | wc -c` = 0 ]; then  echo "src/makegmt.macros is empty - you must rerun configure in the main GMT directory";  exit;  fi
> cd src;  make all;  cd ..
> if [ `cat makegmt.macros | wc -c` = 0 ]; then  echo "src/makegmt.macros is empty - you must rerun configure in the main GMT directory";  exit;  fi
> cc -I/include  -O2 -DGMT_DEFAULT_PATH=\"/usr/pkg\"  gmt_nan_init.c -Wl,-R/lib -L/lib -lnetcdf -lm -o gmt_nan_init
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lnetcdf: No such file or directory

Check the Makefile that's responsible for that command line, and see what
variable it wants defined right after the -I, -L etc.

Then check if that variable is defined somewhere in your /etc/mk.conf file
or environment where it shouldn't.

Problem is, this works fine here (1.5.3_BETA, i386).

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/