Subject: Re: Problem with the bulidlink.mk files in aalib and aalib-x11
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 03/04/2002 12:43:54
On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 05:53:25PM +0100, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

> I currently have a aalib-x11 installed on my system, because mplayer
> wants it.
> Now I am trying to install gphoto2, which now wants aalib.
> And here is the problem, both aalib and aalib-x11 have a CONFLICTS
> line for the other package.
>
> Normaly that wouldn't be a problem if thats a DEPENDS line in the
> gphoto2 package, but it is an buildlink.mk include and there seems
> to be no good way to fix this problem.

Do you know if aalib-x11 is a "superset" of aalib?  By this, I'm asking
if something wants just aalib, will aalib-x11 also suffice?  If so, then
we can combine their buildlink.mk files and rewrite dependencies by
changing:

	DEPENDS+=	aalib-[0-9]*:../../graphics/aalib

into:

	DEPENDS+=	aalib{,-x11}-[0-9]*:../../graphics/aalib-x11

Please file a PR on this problem, as I think there is definitely something
wrong with the aalib buildlink.mk files.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>