Subject: Re: libtool
To: Klaus Heinz <heinz@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 02/12/2002 04:42:15
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Klaus Heinz wrote:
> Maybe the chapter on 'libtool' in Packages.txt could either be updated
> ('libtool is not necessary (anymore)') or more specific ('if your
> package builds shared libraries for public consumption _do_ use libtool').

As far as I understand, there are people that think that libtool should be
shot in the head and everything be replaced with bsd.lib(?).mk. There are
other people that think of libtool as an acceptable tool.

Getting to a consistent guideline for pkgsrc would need a consensus on
that issue first, which I don't think will happen easily.

 - Hubert (not-against-libtool party)

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/