Subject: Re: binary package upgrade
To: <>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/23/2002 00:15:15
On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 03:27:37AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Wayne Cuddy wrote:
> > Can anyone point me to some documentation that indicates how to produce a list
> > of all installed packages on my system for which a newer package exists?
>
> I think if you have pkgsrc installed (why would you want to have that, if
> you can live with binary pkgs only? well... :-), there's a "make
> show-downlevel" ptarget.
>
> > Is there a method to simply upgrade all packages on my system?

have you looked at the bsdpak package? It can generate a script for you
that upgrades all your packages. Take a look at the script before
executing it, and note that it will first delete all old stuff and
then (try) to install all the new packages. You may perfer to upgrade
things more step-by-step, using the script as starting-point.

Feico.