Subject: Re: binary package upgrade
To: Wayne Cuddy <wcuddy@crb-web.com>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/21/2002 18:18:34
Check:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/pkgtools/README.html

...that's the best place to start.  According to a friend of mine, FreeBSD
has a Makefile target that does exactly what you're asking, but that
sounds shady to me... I'll let you know.

-lava

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Wayne Cuddy wrote:

> Can anyone point me to some documentation that indicates how to produce a list
> of all installed packages on my system for which a newer package exists?
>
> Is there a method to simply upgrade all packages on my system?

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"