Subject: Re: Darwin/OS X Bootstrap Package
To: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
From: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/21/2002 11:53:06
>"Randy Beaudreault" <maccult@mac.com> wrote:
>
>>  I'm having a bit of trouble getting the Darwin Bootstrap package to
>>  work.  Every time I run ./bootstrap I end up with a message at the
>>  end relating to package missing or something along those lines.
>
>Can you provide the exact command you ran, and the exact output?

Command: ./bootstrap
Errors:
	These appear at the very beginning when running ./bootstrap:
		./bootstrap: parse error near `\n' [13]
		./bootstrap: parse error near `done' [13]
	These appear at the very end:
		./bootstrap: command not found: bmake [34]
		./bootstrap: command not found: bmake [38]

This is how I'm coming to the conclusion that bmake is not being
made.  I don't understand the parse errors though.  I figure once I
have bmake made I should be ok right?

>  > I'm on OS 10.1.2.
>
>Me too, and the latest pkgsrc bootstrapped without incident and works
>nicely. Be aware that many packages don't yet work on Darwin, simply
>because pkgsrc hasn't always supported other operating systems, and
>because most pkgsrc users are probably on NetBSD. Fixes for
>pkgsrc-on-Darwin problems are surely welcome. :-)
>
>- Amitai

I could submit packages once I get the bootstrap package made.  Until
then, I'm just spinning my wheels to support this effort.
--
Randy Beaudreault

"Spam in a can" - a description of the first astronauts

"Love is like solving the perfect murder.  It's good to be good,
but better to be lucky" - Det. Frank Pembleton
 From the show, "Homicide: Life On The Street"