Subject: Re: problems with xsane (scanning)
To: None <daniel@bicho.SynchroDS.COM, feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@bicho.SynchroDS.COM>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/14/2002 09:56:05
Feico,

The problem about going to older versions of any package is the
conflict of the libraries. Older versions require older librarias
that in turn conflict with the newer ones required by other packages,
sort of like a dog running after his own tail...  Unfortunately
"xsane" is not the only application that is not working on
a NetBSD pmax. We don't have a real browser either, so the in
reality the use of a pmax platform is very limited. Of course,
you could argue that is a good vehicle for software development,
but "gdb" doesn't work either.

Thanks for responding.

Dan