Subject: Re: problems with xsane (scanning)
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/11/2002 02:14:10
On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 04:41:32PM -0800, Daniel Senderowicz wrote:
> I'm not sure that this should be a PR or my own problem. I'm running
> 1.5.2 on a pmax. I built xsane-0.80 and sane-backends-1.0.5 without
> any problems. However when I run either xsane or scanimage it quits
> with a segmentation fault message and dumps the core. I did MAKEDEV
> for /dev/ss0 (it's at SCSI address #4) and when I run "sane-find-scanner"
> it comes back with:
If I remember correctly, you should use the uk device (unknown scsi)
for a scanner with sane), not the ss device. I think the ss device
should/could have been removed from NetBSD a long time ago, I do not
think anybody is still using it. Anyway, remove the ss device from
your kernel, add the uk device and try again and see if you get better
results with sane.

Feico.