Subject: Re: optional X11 dependency in packages?
To: Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/10/2002 08:19:35
FWIW, I prefer separate packages, a la mtr and mtr-gtk. There are
a number of times when you really don't want the x11 frills - such
as packages installed on a dmz host, where I personally can see no
reason to have X11 installed - and other times when you do, and I
can't see enough packages in pkgsrc to warrant something heavyweight
like the flavours stuff from OpenBSD. So, rather than force everything
to have complicated package Makefiles and PLISTs, I think two
packages are better.

Regards,
Alistair