Subject: Re: optional X11 dependency in packages?
To: Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/10/2002 01:54:46
--SWTRyWv/ijrBap1m

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 07:38:42PM -0500, Jim Wise wrote:
> Yah, I agree in general.  It just seems a shame here, as there is _no_
> PLIST change, and the only functional change is a lack of xpm support,
> which is rarely used in my impression.

well, but this is not the only one package. i can name at least one
other "family": aalib (and everything which uses it, like aview,
mplayer, SDL, ...) can be built without X11 support as well and if you
look at SDL's dependencies, it is not so easy :).

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
 --