Subject: Re: Perl pkg on OS-X
To: None <mjl@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/10/2002 00:48:06
> Comments from pkgsrc gurus?

We had a similar problem before: gtexinfo
People used to have it installed somewhere, but we ended up requiring
one in /usr/pkg not because of the binary, but because of the info/dir
file that is updated by various pkgs.

What about perl pkgs, that we have a few for? Do you really expect them
to work with something not inside pkgsrc? Doesn't sound realistic to me.

Best the perl pkg can do to adjust the system perl binary with a link to
the pkgsrc one (and restore it on uninstall!) IMHO.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/