Subject: Re: Hitting the correct site for each distfile
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 01/01/2002 19:11:04
On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 11:27:01AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> The patch also consolidates the MASTER_SITES* and PATCH_SITES*
> handling (for the fetch targets), eliminates some mumbo-jumbo over
> MASTER_SITE_OVERRIDE (rather, handling it as documented), and on the
> whole, leads to a net reduction in line count for bsd.pkg.mk.

Sounds good.

> I define a new class of variables -- ${SITES_foo.tar.gz} &c -- which
> aren't required, however, to be defined in the package Makefile
> (though you could do so), so no changes to the body of pkgsrc are
> required. If ${MASTER_SITES_foo} and ${PATCH_SITES_foo" were to be
> swept from pkgsrc, the assignments to ${SITES_foo} could be pruned,
> leading to a further reduction in line count.

Please do so. AFAIK (and grep doesn't tell me otherwise) the only two
Makefiles to "sweep" through would be
print/ghostscript-nox11/Makefile.common and x11/kterm/Makefile.

These two make good test cases, too :)

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
Language is not neutral. It is not merely a vehicle which carries ideas. It