Subject: Re: Darwin support
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/26/2001 23:41:16
On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 06:17:31PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> The goal is to compile postgres. The current stumbling block is that the
> libgetopt package manually calls ld, with the -shared parameter. Darwin's
> ld doesn't like that. Suggestions?

Could you please try compiling postgresql-{server,client} after removing
the libgetopt/buildlink.mk lines from the package Makefiles?  PostgreSQL
includes its own getopt code if it's not present in the system libc.  I
added those lines way back in the early days of buildlink when I needed
more buildlink.mk files for testing purposes, but they're not really
needed by the PostgreSQL packages.

Please let me know your results, and if you're successful, I'll make the
changes permanent in the repository.

	Thanks,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>