Subject: Re: How about USE_GM4?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Amitai Schlair <schmonz@schmonz.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/20/2001 15:47:54
Alistair Crooks wrote:

> I've also seen some work just recently
> added to -current which duplicates GNU functionality in BSD m4 -
> I think these changes are from Marc Espie. It sounds to me like we
> need more of the ncurses buildlink functionality than USE_GM4.

I hadn't looked at the ncurses buildlink stuff. Very interesting. (I
recall reading about Marc getting OpenBSD's m4 to support enough GNUisms
to placate autoconf. Pretty neat, and nice to hear we're getting this
too.)

I agree that there are some logical similarities. Is it an important
distinction that USE_GM4 would specify only a BUILD_DEPENDS, and not a
DEPENDS as buildlinking does?

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm still thinking about it!

- Amitai