Subject: Re: dewey-conformity
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 12/08/2001 20:59:44
On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 08:56:01PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> -DISTNAME=       mpg123-0.59r
> +DISTNAME=      mpg123-0.59r
> +PKGNAME=       mpg123-0.59.18
>
> I think the PKGNAME should be mpg123-0.59.r here instead.
> MUCH closer to the real world, and a lot less confusing!
> (And lexical ordering will still be ok!)

I didn't want to make sure that all relevant tools know how to
correctly handle letters there (since I'm pretty sure at least some of
them don't), and I knew that numbers work.

If you can make sure that at least bsd.pkg.mk, pkglint, auditpackages,
and lintpkgsrc (did I forget something?) handle letters correctly,
feel free to change the version string to something else.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
Language is not neutral. It is not merely a vehicle which carries ideas. It