Subject: Re: X11 packages
To: Torelli Paolo <paolo.torelli@students.univr.it>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/30/2001 05:52:50
On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 02:52:11PM +0100, Torelli Paolo wrote:
> Johnny Lam wrote:
> > Note that if you use this, that you have to compile your own X11 packages
> > from pkgsrc.  The binary packages on ftp.netbsd.org assume that X11 packages
> > go into /usr/X11R6.  Having said that, I've been using xpkgwedge for over
> > a year now, and been quite happy with it.
>
> Thanks for the pointers!
> The constraint is not a problem since I always compile packages from
> source.
> I guess the package has been renamed? According to the NetBSD site,
> under pkgtools there is no such "xpkgwedge", and a "x11-links" seems to
> do what you're describing. No error? Am I wrong? Is the site wrong? I'll
> check when I'll get home anyway.

No, it's really under pkgtools/xpkgwedge.  The web pages may not be correct,
as I recall that we've been having problems with them lately.  You'll want
to remove all of your X11 packages, then install xpkgwedge, then recompile
your X11 packages.

> Thank you again!

You're welcome!  I'm trying to get more people to use xpkgwedge, so that it
can become our default method of installation.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>