Subject: Re: bulk build problems
To: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/24/2001 13:38:08
On Wed Nov 21 2001 at 22:35:12 -0700, Brook Milligan wrote:
> When I bulk-build pkgsrc I get a massive amount (e.g., ~20%) of
> packages failing with messages like the following:
>
>      BULK> Installing packages which are required to build abiword-personal-0.9.4.
>      pkg_info: option requires an argument -- e
>      usage: pkg_info [-BbcDdFfIikLmpqRrSsVvh] [-e package] [-l prefix]
> 		     pkg-name [pkg-name ...]
> 	    pkg_info -a [flags]
>      BULK> warning:  /usr/local/pkgsrc/packages/i386/All/.tgz does not exist.  It will be rebuilt.
>      pkg_info: option requires an argument -- e
>      usage: pkg_info [-BbcDdFfIikLmpqRrSsVvh] [-e package] [-l prefix]
> 		     pkg-name [pkg-name ...]
> 	    pkg_info -a [flags]
>
> I see two errors in this (which may be the same).
>
> - - - problems calling pkg_info
>
> - - - missing package names (e.g., .../All/.tgz)
>
> Have I configured the bulk build incorrectly?  I am lost in the maze
> of Makefiles and scripts, so any pointers would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks.

I think your pkgsrc/.index is incomplete. There was a problem with
graphics/blender, which made index creation kill itself or archs for
which blender is not supported. This was fixed yesterday. Check the
output of "sh mk/bulk/printindex" to verify if this is indeed what is
making your build lose.

.. oh, and thanks to Hubert for helping me track this down ;)

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>          v          Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/             i            http://www.NetBSD.org/