Subject: Ghostscript's fonts?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Rui-Xiang Guo <rxg@ms25.url.com.tw>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/24/2001 17:22:12
Hi, all
I am tring to update print/ghostscript and
I find such messages on ghostscript ftp site:

Ghostscript is now distributed in two different versions, with two
different licenses.  The current version with the GNU License is in
the gnu subdirectory; the current version with the new Aladdin
Free Public License is in the AFPL subdirectory.  The
AFPL version will typically be about a year more recent than the
GNU version; however, the AFPL license, unlike the GNU license,
prohibits all commercial distribution (unless you get a commercial
license from Artifex Software Inc., which is currently the only entity
authorized by artofcode LLC to grant such licenses.)  For more information,
please read the file Commprod.htm in the AFPL directory.  For a
copy of the AFPL license, see the file PUBLIC in the AFPL directory.

So we should have two versions of ghostscript in our pkgsrc, doesn't it?
And my question is:
In the ftp site: ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/
We can find two dirs 'AFPL' and 'gnu' for each version and there are
'fonts' dirs in both of them. But we can find different font name in there.
For example:
	AFPL/fonts/ghostscript-fonts-std-6.0.tar.gz
	AFPL/fonts/ghostscript-fonts-other-6.0.tar.gz
and
	gnu/fonts/gnu-gs-fonts-std-6.0.tar.gz
	gnu/fonts/gnu-gs-fonts-other-6.0.tar.gz

In fact, I find that ghostscript-fonts-other-6.0.tar.gz and
gnu-gs-fonts-other-6.0.tar.gz have the same date and size,
ghostscript-fonts-std-6.0.tar.gz and gnu/fonts/gnu-gs-fonts-std-6.0.tar.gz
have the same date but in different size.

Do we need to make two pkgs for them or just use one?
Do we need to make two pkgs because they are in different licenses?

Had anyone already worked on this?
I will be glad to hear that and find other work to do. ;)

Best Regards
-rxg