Subject: bulk build problems
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/21/2001 22:35:12
When I bulk-build pkgsrc I get a massive amount (e.g., ~20%) of
packages failing with messages like the following:

     BULK> Installing packages which are required to build abiword-personal-0.9.4.
     pkg_info: option requires an argument -- e
     usage: pkg_info [-BbcDdFfIikLmpqRrSsVvh] [-e package] [-l prefix]
		     pkg-name [pkg-name ...]
	    pkg_info -a [flags]
     BULK> warning:  /usr/local/pkgsrc/packages/i386/All/.tgz does not exist.  It will be rebuilt.
     pkg_info: option requires an argument -- e
     usage: pkg_info [-BbcDdFfIikLmpqRrSsVvh] [-e package] [-l prefix]
		     pkg-name [pkg-name ...]
	    pkg_info -a [flags]

I see two errors in this (which may be the same).

- - - problems calling pkg_info

- - - missing package names (e.g., .../All/.tgz)

Have I configured the bulk build incorrectly?  I am lost in the maze
of Makefiles and scripts, so any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Brook