Subject: Re: Linux emumation problems
To: None <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/13/2001 16:15:30
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 09:54:28AM +0200, martti.kuparinen@iki.fi wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to install StarOffice 6.0 beta on my NetBSD/i386
> 1.5.3_ALPHA laptop. The setup.bin program dumps core with
> the following output:
>
> Core was generated by `setup.bin'.
> /lib/libdl.so.2: No such file or directory.
> #0  0x493f3b2e in ?? ()/lib/libpthread.so.0: No such file or directory.
> (gdb)
> [...]

I _think_ it's only gdb not finding that library, because gdb isn't aware
of the ->/emul/linux mapping.
But there's a way do find this out:
Add 'ktrace -t cenis' at the second last line in soffice (the else
branch in the shell script you start) after the exec, so the line should
look like

exec ktrace -t cenis "$sd_prog/$sd ...

and start soffice as normal. Then I'd suggest a coffee break.
When the program has finally coredumped, look for a file ktrace.out and do
a 'kdump | less' in that directory (Amend this line as necessary. It might
be useful to write the output into a file, kdump isn't too speedy either.)
Search for the first occurrence of libpthread. You should see an 'open'
system call and it will probably return with -1 and "No such file or
directory". The next lines it will test various pathes. It should finally
succeed and it should use the one in /emul/linux/lib.
If it does find the right libraries, you can at least be sure that this is
not the problem.
When you are looking at the trace anyway, you could look for a string
"SIGSEGV" and see what it did shortly before. Mostly however I found this
not too helpful to find a bug, but you never know.

HTH anything

Michael