Subject: Re: pkg_delete refuses to execute +DEINSTALL
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 11/08/2001 20:43:18
--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

hi,

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 09:01:35PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 02:28:20AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >
> > Checking the ktrace output, this should just not happen.
> >
> > Do you have any funky mount options in effect, that prevent executing
> > things on /var?
>=20
> Could it be that /var is mounted noexec ?  I've regulary this problem on =
my
> servers :)

yes, that was it. i realized it after hubert's note about 'mount'. mea culp=
a.

anyway, i don't think it is a good idea to run these scripts directly, beca=
use
this is the only thing left on /var in standard system which needs to be
executable and thus denying mounting /var as noexec.

why not to run these scripts as arguments of shell instead of chmoding them
executable and run directly? i don't see any difference between these actio=
ns
(except that scripts could be written in various shells at this moment.. --
all +DEINSTALL scripts are written in /bin/sh on my system, however)

reactions?

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=