Subject: Re: teTeX
To: Frank Knappe <knappe@tu-harburg.de>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/11/2001 19:01:48
On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 10:51:20PM +0200, Frank Knappe wrote:

> 			Hallo!
>
> I'm running a NetBSD1.5.1 Installation.
>
> 4 weeks ago I've tried to install teTeX.
> Using the fetch lists I downloaded all necessary packages
> at my university and wrote a CD with all the tar.gz files.
>
> When I tried a make in the teTeX dir I've got an error
> regarding a checksum error. I've downloaded all packages again,
> but the error was still present. In the error description was
> a statement that I can deal with this error when I add something
> like make checksum=no.

Usually, that's caused by an incomplete tarfile. It would be a good idea
to look at the distinfo file for the package that it stops on, and check
the size line such as:

Size (teTeX/teTeX-src-1.0.7.tar.gz) = 8040192 bytes

If your .tar.gz is quite different in size, maybe you had a cutoff
download.

> I've done this and the installation started. It stoped with the
> following error:
> qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq teTeX setup utility
>
> x Could not find app-default file for xdvi.                                 x
>
> x The programm will exit now.
>
> Whats the reason for this and how can I install teTeX?

This also sounds like something was missing once the tar file was
extracted.

If you don't spend energy getting what you want,
	You'll have to spend it dealing with what you get.
					      - Unknown