Subject: Re: buildlink-ifying some packages
To: Eric Gillespie, Jr. <epg@pretzelnet.org>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 10/03/2001 08:06:28
"Eric Gillespie, Jr." wrote:

> So, when i went to package Gabber when i noticed that most of the
> GNOME libraries do not use buildlink.  I've decided to fix that,
> so this message is a heads-up to avoid duplication of effort but
> also a request for review.

  Thanks for your efforts, Eric.  As you may have noted from the commit
messages, in the last days, I have converted a few GNOME packages to now
use buildlink.  I do have several in the works, but they still need some
brushing up before committing.  The packages I've been working on (that
are not yet committed) are:

  devel/libglade
  devel/bonobo
  devel/gal
  sysutils/gnome-vfs
  math/gnumeric

  I will probably be working on others as well, but it might be a good
idea to coordinate efforts here.

> buildlink.mk files for textproc/libunicode.  Please let me know
> if this looks right.  If so, i'll send-pr(1).

  At the first glance, this looks okay.  I trust you have tested this
with some dependent package on your system?

> So unless someone complains and as long as i know what i'm doing,
> i'll tackle all the other GNOME libraries (gal, eel, gnome--, a
> bizillion others).

  That's fine with me, but please see the above list for packages that
are already in the works.  In order to coordinate efforts, it might be a
good idea if you sent me (in private mail) the list of packages you are
currently working on (or plan to work on soon).  I will do so as well,
so we can avoid duplicate work.

  Thanks
      ,
   Rene