Subject: Re: openssl w/o rc5 & idea, was Re: openssl like in NetBSD
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/27/2001 10:43:04
>The posting was on Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:54:48 -0700 (PDT). The URL is
>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2001/09/20/0012.html
>
>The question is about making our package of openssl not use IDEA and rc5.
>While not mentioned exactly the change I had in mind was adding 'no-rc5
>no-idea' to CONFIGURE_ARGS.
>
>If you (Itojun) could help me do it, I'd be happier with something like
>libcrypto_{idea,rc5}. But I don't know how to do it, and I only have so
>much energy I can give this. :-(

	i guess it is okay to do "no-rc5 no-idea", as an optional choice
	(default: install everything, with some switch: no-rc5 no-idea).
	to me the mechanism to exclude certain algorithm does not look clean
	in openssl, so i don't really recommend to exclude certain algorithm.
	(at least in the past, no-blah changed ABI and horribly broke things)
	package dependency is another issue i guess.

itojun