Subject: Re: openssl w/o rc5 & idea, was Re: openssl like in NetBSD
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/25/2001 21:49:52
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> >If you (Itojun) could help me do it, I'd be happier with something like
> >libcrypto_{idea,rc5}. But I don't know how to do it, and I only have so
> >much energy I can give this. :-(
>
> 	i guess it is okay to do "no-rc5 no-idea", as an optional choice
> 	(default: install everything, with some switch: no-rc5 no-idea).
> 	to me the mechanism to exclude certain algorithm does not look clean
> 	in openssl, so i don't really recommend to exclude certain algorithm.
> 	(at least in the past, no-blah changed ABI and horribly broke things)
> 	package dependency is another issue i guess.

The intent was to make no-rc5 no-idea the default, and have documented in
the package how to add them back.

What exactly did you do to the in-tree sources to make the libidea and
librc5 bits seperate, with stubs in libopenssl to support them? If the ABI
varies depending on what is in there and what not (other than idea calls
exist or don't), then this might be the best option.

I'd like to make it so that the default openssl package has no LICENSE
clause.

Take care,

Bill