Subject: Re: openssl w/o rc5 & idea, was Re: openssl like in NetBSD
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/25/2001 13:59:12
On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

> 	where was the original post made? (URL to mail-index.netbsd.org
> 	please?) anyway, don't include IDEA and RC5 in /usr/lib/libcrypto.a or
> 	any other base distributions, they have IPR issues.  we have partial
> 	workaround for them (src/lib/libcrypto_{idea,rc5}).  if it is about
> 	packages, i'm not too sure about the current situation.

The posting was on Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:54:48 -0700 (PDT). The URL is
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2001/09/20/0012.html

The question is about making our package of openssl not use IDEA and rc5.
While not mentioned exactly the change I had in mind was adding 'no-rc5
no-idea' to CONFIGURE_ARGS.

If you (Itojun) could help me do it, I'd be happier with something like
libcrypto_{idea,rc5}. But I don't know how to do it, and I only have so
much energy I can give this. :-(

Take care,

Bill