Subject: Re: StarOffice 5.2 almost working as a package
To: Martti Kuparinen , <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Hudson <nick@nthcliff.demon.co.uk>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/14/2001 12:25:26
On Friday 14 September 2001 12:12, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> Hi!
[...]

> The coredump in /usr/pkg/office52/program/ shows this:
>
> 	Core was generated by `setup.bin'.
> 	Program terminated with signal 6, Abort trap.
> 	./libvos1GCC.so: No such file or directory.
> 	#0  0x4974ca71 in ?? ()./libsal1.so: No such file or directory.
>
> Those two libs were during the installation is a temporary directory
> (work/staroffice-en-5.2/sv00*.tmp) so the current path setting (".")
> found them but now those files are in /usr/pkg/office52/program/

The problem here is that the wrong uname is begin run... I've been meaning to
update suse_base to pull in the right rpm so that uname is installed. IIRC
its will also pull in test

I have a Makefile that gets to the point that it is "registering the install"
and it cores. A 1.5 kernel fails more spectacularly than a -current kernel,
but they both fail. I gave up at this point as something needs fixing in the
linux emulation code...

> Is it possible to re-read the settings somehow or what should we do?
> PS. Shouldn't we update the Linux emulation package to install
>     /emul/linux/bin/test? The current approach of creating a
>     symlink for the installation is quite ugly.

See above.

Nick