Subject: Re: Licensing questions for misc djb and djb-related packages
To: None <sen_ml@eccosys.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/03/2001 08:28:30
  I don't mind a BSD-style port that simply follows the installation
  instructions. I have also explicitly granted permission for the
  distribution of precompiled packages that behave correctly. There's
  nothing stopping OpenBSD from distributing a qmail package.

The problematic three words are "that behave correcty".

At least from where I sit, DJB's definition of "correct" is sometimes
at odds with (a) long-established practice, and (b) common sense.  For
a recent example of this, see his impassioned defense of his buggy DNS
zone transfer client on namedroppers...

					- Bill