Subject: Licensing questions for misc djb and djb-related packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: None <sen_ml@eccosys.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 09/02/2001 18:11:14
Hello,

I attempted the packaging of:

  dot-forward
  fastforward
  shttpd
  qtools

Since the last two seemed to require publicfile and ezmlm, I looked
for corresponding pre-existing packages.  Since I couldn't find any
[1], I tried packaging them too.

I was wondering whether there were any licensing issues w/ publicfile,
ezmlm, dot-forward, and fastforward (I also haven't located any
licensing info on shttpd and qtools -- http://www.superscript.com/).
If so, I'd like to try to address them before sending pr-s for these
packages.

For the moment, I've set NO_BIN_ON_CDROM and NO_BIN_ON_FTP in the
Makefiles of dot-forward, fastforward, publicfile, and ezmlm packages.
I did this imitating what was done for daemontools and djbdns.  Is
this enough?

For reference, below are URLs for my attempts.

http://mashin.nanoyo.net/pkgsrc/dot-forward.tgz
http://mashin.nanoyo.net/pkgsrc/fastforward.tgz
http://mashin.nanoyo.net/pkgsrc/shttpd.tgz
http://mashin.nanoyo.net/pkgsrc/qtools.tgz
http://mashin.nanoyo.net/pkgsrc/publicfile.tgz
http://mashin.nanoyo.net/pkgsrc/ezmlm.tgz

Thanks for any help.

[1] Though I did notice a pr for publicfile:

      http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2001/06/11/0001.html

    I wasn't able to find this via cvs or via the URL given in
    the pr.