Subject: Re: KDE2, kde2-i18n ?
To: None <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/16/2001 13:50:38
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Are there any other people besides me who would like to have the
> kde2 i18n stuff in pkgsrc? Is there anyone working on this?

Yes, no.

IIRC there was some discussion if we should make 1 i18n package that
includes all languages, or one for each language. The langauge packs
aren't exactly small, but on the other side there are 34 languages
supported now, and probalby more to come. Dunno if that's desirable...
(Being a disk pig, I wouldn't mind having a all-languages package, but
that's probably just me; it sure is a no-need-to-think thing for
users, too).

> Besides this - would it be desirable to feed patches back to KDE
> team, so that they appear in further 2.x series and 3.0? I could
> help to feed back of changes, especially since I should still
> have a CVS commit rights to KDE tree (if not revoked - I used
> it sometime in KDE 1.0 era last time).

yes please! Feed back as much as possible for easy integration of future
versions. The less code we have to maintain on our own, the better.

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> http://www.NetBSD.org/