Subject: Re: GNOME/sawfish bugs
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Rainer Brandt <rjhb@bb-c.de>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/14/2001 08:35:46
Martin Husemann writes:
> > I don't use "gdm". I use "xdm", and put "exec ssh-agent gnome-session"
> > at the end of "~/.xsession". What does "gdm" do that "xdm" can't?
That (Frederick's suggestion) sounds good to me, as it would allow me
to continue to use ~/.xsession, which seems not to be run under
GNOME/gdm.  And none of the startup scripts (or look-alikes) that I
tried so far under GNOME produced any results.
The lack of documentation for gdm/gdmlogin/startup procedures is
another reason.  The GNOME manuals available online are more of the
"where do I have to click in order to send the mail" kind.

Ragarding the "Can't load /etc/samba/smb.conf" message:

> > Maybe a "gdm" thing?
>
> Unlikely. Probably completely unrelated to gdm/gnome at all.

  1) it ended up it ~/.gnomerc-errors
  2) I have _nothing_ Samba-related on my machine

(execept if the NetBSD 1.5.1 release itself brings something, which I
haven't yet noticed)

Rainer

Rainer J. H. Brandt                         On contract to DREGIS GmbH, SX
Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH                       Stresemannallee 36/601
Phone: +49 69 263 86743                               60596 Frankfurt/Main
Fax:   +49 69 263 13499                    email: Rainer.Brandt@dregis.com