Subject: Re: addnerd & friends
To: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 08/14/2001 10:58:59
On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 07:45:30PM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I'm still working on qmail package. My script which adds necessary users & groups
> > now looks like:
>
> Look at what e.g. sysutils/amanda-common/{Makefile,pkg/INSTALL} do.

I'm sure I've asked this before, but given that there's a few pacakges
that need to add users and groups, and that there's been a couple of
mass rototills of these packages to modify the user/group creation
mechanism, why not provide a shared Makefile fragment (bsd.pkg.user.mk ?)
which does this work and remove the unnecessary code duplication?

Luke.