Subject: Re: 'make fetch' and partial downloads
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/19/2001 22:45:38
> I'm all for it. I occasionally run a global 'make fetch' to have a
> self-contained pkgsrc (it still fits on a DVD :) but some packages are
> brocken occasionally because of partial fetches.
> With such a change I could run several 'make fetch' to check that all
> distfiles are properly downloaded.
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
> --

*dream*
/usr/pkgsrc # make FETCHTRIES=3 fetch > /dev/null
(time passes)
make : could not download package 'net/wget' on 1st attempt, regetting
make : could not download package 'net/wget' on 2nd attempt, regetting
make : could not download package 'net/wget' on 3rd attempt, regetting
make : could not successfully download package 'net/wget' after 3 attempts.
(more time passes)
*stop dreaming*

I'm not into makefiletweaking ;p but would something like this be possible ?

Martin Weber (couldn't resist, sorry ;)