Subject: Open Packages
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/14/2001 17:55:44
If you aren't already aware, the Open Packages project is working to unify
the existing BSD ports/pkgsrc collections and port it to other OSes at the
same time.

OP is really starting to make progress and we will be reaching milestone 2
very soon now.  Much of the OP infrastructure was taken directly from the
NetBSD pkgsrc and pkg_tools, so we need people with a good knowledge of
their inner workings to help out with OP as we expand its functionality.

If you are currently a NetBSD committer, just send me your ssh key and you
will have an OP commit bit waiting.  We could also use your expertise on
the op-tech@openpackages.org mailing list.

Chris Coleman		Editor in Chief
Daemon News E-Zine	http://www.daemonnews.org
Print Magazine		http://magazine.daemonnews.org