Subject: Re: Please stop change logs in CVS commit messages
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/11/2001 14:55:40
Martin Husemann wrote:

> Especially if this is repeated for the pkg-CHANGES commit.
>
> Actually I would prefere a very dense format there ("note update of ... to
> version ...; security fixes"), while a slightly more verbose log should
> be give to the pkgsrc commit itself.

  Seconded.  I believe that a good summary of changes for the actualy
pkgsrc commit is quite useful.  It helps people determine whether the
changes are significant enough to "cvs update" their pkgsrc.

  I don't think this should be repeated in the pkg-CHANGES commit
(specifically, since the commit message in this case doesn't actually
apply to the changes to pkg-CHANGES).

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene