Subject: Re: Please stop change logs in CVS commit messages
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: David Burgess <burgess@mitre.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/10/2001 13:47:18
Having done CM for years (I ran a company called "Configuration
Management Services, Inc.) I have to add that I'd much rather see
something like "The follow PRs were closed by this update..." followed
by a list of the numbers and a short explanation of how.

A CVS update like "Fixed a bunch of broken stuff" is insufficient.
A rambling, chatty-cathy description of every line of changed code is
too much.  There has got to be a happy summary limit in there someplace.

Dave