Subject: Re: problems building several packages
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/09/2001 15:58:24
On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, Jukka Marin wrote:

> Now, when I try to make glade, I get this:
>
> checking for IMLIB - version >= 1.9... no
> *** Could not run IMLIB test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means IMLIB was incorrectly installed
> *** or that you have moved IMLIB since it was installed. In the latter case, you
> *** may want to edit the imlib-config script:
> /store/other/new/pkgsrc/x11/gnome-libs/work/.buildlink/bin/imlib-config
>
> However, imlib _has_ been installed:

More buildlink lossage. It looks like it's trying to run
"imlib-config" in .../work/.buildlink/bin/imlib-config, which is
indeed _not_ where the imlib package installed it. Is that error from
building "glade", or some other package that depends on "glade"?

> I'm running 1.5W kernel with binaries from Jan/Feb.. could this problem
> be caused by my userland being too old?

No. pkgsrc is broken. I don't understand this buildlink stuff enough
to take a shot at fixing it, sorry. You could roll back a month or so
to before all this started.

> I also have problems with installed programs not finding the shared libraries.
> Before ELF, this was fixed by ld.so.conf, but now...  Don't the binaries know
> the library search path?  No?

I haven't seen that lately. Maybe more buildlink lossage. Which
binaries?

Frederick