Subject: Re: rfc: bulk-build mail list and binary packages
To: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 07/06/2001 14:19:54
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Dr. Rene Hexel wrote:

> Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> > No comments at all about this cool proposal ?
>
>   The idea is good, but hardware and bandwidth are likely to be a
> problem here.  For example, I might be able to devote a machine to
> bulk building here, but if I were to upload an entire set of binary
> packages every time such a bulk build finished, I'd get into a lot of
> trouble here ;-)

	How about using rsync? The bulk-build system only rebuilds
	packages if they have changed, or if something on which they
	depend has changed. If bandwidth is a limit maybe you could
	pick one of the slower architectures to reduce the frequency
	of uploads? :)

	If the bulk-build system has rebuilt a package then it should
	be uploaded along with the rest. Anything else will lead to
	broken package sets sooner or later.

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --