Subject: success with nessus ?
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/30/2001 17:52:45
Hi,
sorry for the quite off-topic question ...
Has anyone got success with nessus on NetBSD ? I tried it; I can successfully
scan a machine, but if I start scanning a group of machines,
I get erratic results (it doesn't find all open ports on the machines) and,
if the group is too large (more than ~10 IP) i get:
nessus: nessusd abruptly shut the communication down - the test may be incomplete

I tried reducing the number of threads; although this improve things a bit
it doesn't solve the disconnecting issue.

Did anyone success scanning a large network with nessus from a NetBSD machine ?