Subject: Re: install and update together
To: None <tech-pkg@netbsd.org>
From: Georges Heinesch <geohei-ml@geohei.lu>
List: tech-pkg
Date: 05/29/2001 10:41:28
Quoting Ignatios Souvatzis (28-May-01 09:14:59):

> On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 10:08:52AM +0100, Georges Heinesch wrote:

>> make update is not possible since pkglint was never installed
>> before.

> Yes it is. Just try it, you'll like it.

I tried it right now. It worked. However I did (for testing purpose
since I'm not very sure if this should be done ) "make clean-update"
before "make update". It only cleaned "for pkglint 2.54". No other
work directories were cleaned.

However after "make update", several warnings were issued. All were
related to the work directory still being found. I have no idea
whether I can safely ignore those warning after a "make update" or
not?

The first 2 packages concerned were:
    lang/perl5/
    devel/autoconf

Thanks.

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@geohei.lu

... all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal ...